I have just finished my work at the eduPLEmooc course Entornos Personales de Aprendizaje (PLE) para el desarrollo personal docente. It was a unique learning experience. It was a Massive Open Online Course so anyone interested in education with enough command of Spanish could have joined in. There was a large number of participants from many different countries and various education fields and this fact made the course even more interesting.
The main goals of the course were to give participants an experience of interconnected learning that will allow them to:
- build or redesign their PLE (personal learning environment)
- reflect on issues such as digital identity and personal learning processes
- contact education professionals through the numerous virtual communities created during the course.
The course journey was exciting and very informative. I enjoyed being challenged learning how to use new tools to accomplish new tasks. Another plus was that we had to work with our peers in different projects and to share all our works through social media. The chart below shows my personal experience during the course:
Going into the details of the chart:
- One of the main goals of this course was to reflect on the new role of education in the 21st century.
- New challenges arise after this process, mainly trying to integrate everything I learned in my classes and using media and ICT tools to enhance students' Spanish learning.
- One of the projects I´d like to work on is the design of an option subject for the Spanish bilingual program where students learn to create their own PLE.
I highly recommend the course for teachers working in the Spanish bilingual programs. I assume the same course will be offered in the near future. To get updated information visit the website of INTEF.